I have wanted to make this quilt since last year, so I decided to go for it before finishing up some of my other commissions.
I couldn’t find an outright silhouette or image that I liked, so I free-handed them and then made them bigger with a projector.
I went back and forth a bit with what kind of background I wanted to do, and I ended up going with a crazy quilt style because of the hodgepodge feel of the witches themselves and their outfits.
I was pretty pleased with the backgrounds over all, but there are some choices with the green fabrics that I wouldn’t include next time. I added a black border and quilted in some rough swirls to mimic the cauldron heat.
One last detail I had fun with the adding a cord to Mary’s vacuum since it played a bit of a role near the end of the film.
For the backing, I went with a black fabric that featured a simple swirl design. I felt like it was just perfect for the overall feel of the “magic.”
I am planning to put this one up on the Shop page in a few minutes. I will also have it up at the next craft fair or so until it sells.