I started to write a reflection of this past year, but, honestly, I’m ready to just start looking ahead.
My hopes for this upcoming year have a couple of layers.
From a business standpoint, I have a couple of things left I want to get for my booth.
- I want to use some second-hand folding shelves I bought online to make a checkout booth. I was thinking about myself as a customer and realized that I really liked it more when the sales person was at a checkout stand. I felt freer to walk around and look. So I’m taking a cue from myself and working on making one of those.
2. I’d also like to get some padded roof pads, so I can place my grid walls there instead of scraping up the inside of my husband’s Explorer again. It would be nice to drive to shows without having grid walls blocking one side of my car.
3. I also need to get a new phone – if I’m being completely honest with myself here. Mine is old, but I’m stubborn when it comes to replacements.
4. Participate in some new shows for the fall 2021.
From an artist standpoint, I have a LOT of quilts I want to make and have on hand for shows. Here’s a short list of some of my more creative ambitions.
- Star Wars quilts – lightsaber duels, they just sell too well to not have one on hand.
2. Mandalorian wall quilt – I had the one I made get claimed before it was even finished!
3. Sloth quilt – that fabric is too cute to have gone this long without being made in to something.
4. Hocus Pocus quilt – the last one sold fairly quickly, and it was fun to make something in the “crazy quilt” style.
5. More doll quilts – they are really fun, and I like the satisfaction of experimenting within a smaller size.
6. Christmas snow globe quilt – I saw some designs online and am wanting to try my own spin.
7. Potty Mouth Quilts – I wanted to make a small line of quilts with grown-up words on them. I like the contrast of a wholesome, traditional craft and a vulgar phrase. Maybe something is wrong with me here, but I won’t be happy until I’ve tried it at least once.
8. Bargello quilts – I made the rainbow and northern lights ones a while back, and I’m geared up to make more.
9. Mariner’s Compass – I just really like making these. They’re so satisfying.
10. I Spy quilt – I have been sorting little 2″ squares for a planned pattern for an I spy quilt with a geometric twist.
11. Zombie girl Pin Up quilt – the first one I made was so much fun!
12. Baseball girl Pin Up quilt – the other pin up girl quilt was so fun, I wanted to keep a good thing going.
13. Crayon quilt – this was such a cute quilt, and I really want to make another one. They are also good scrap-busters.
14. I’m also wanting to possibly make some adult bibs since there seems to be a need for them. I’d make some pretty, but I’d probably focus on making them silly. A little humor goes a long way.